Assist inventory control manager with all inventory matters involving overflow warehouse locations. Including, but not limited to:
- Start up the daily receiving operation (make sure receiving area and freight entry parking lot are clear and accessible). Report problems left over from previous shift to day warehouse manager.
- Maintain driver check-in log (as a security measure to list persons entering the building through the receiving door)
- Schedule incoming warehouse delivery appointments
- Verify and label inbound freight against corresponding purchase order using scanning software “ReceiveRight”. Report discrepancies to the buyer and inventory control manager.
- Verify condition of product received, expiration and “best buy” dates. Refuse all product not meeting quality control standards.
- Stage product and notify staff for put-away.
- Assist with preparation of outbound orders shipped via common carrier. Coordinate and maintain calendar of pickup appointments.
- Maintain assigned warehouse area:
- Housekeeping… floors and areas are clear and swept
- Product in pick slots is restocked, rotated, and squared off
- Product in overstock areas is located directly above product pick slots and is rotated and marked with receipt date expiration date
Assist with physical inventory counts
Ensure that the loading dock is clear at the end of the shift.
Other duties as assigned by management, including:
- Transfer of inventory between the primary warehouse and overflow locations
- Receiving inbound freight at overflow warehouses
- Preparing outbound shipments from overflow warehouses
Close out the daily receiving operation (make sure receiving area and freight entry parking lot are clear and accessible) and make ready for nightshift operation.
- Other duties as assigned by management, including:
- Preventative maintenance and light repair of mechanical equipment, such as equipment battery water level checks
- Certified for forklift operation, safety, and general preventative maintenance
- Basic computer skills
- Pays attention to details and has excellent communications skills
- Basic math and reading comprehension
- Ability to lift 50 pounds